I always ask my clients how much money they want to make and they often they tell me enough to pay my bills and have some money for fun things. Other times they will say I wish I made more money, my company doesn’t pay me enough. If I ask them how much that would be they rarely have a definitive answer.
There are three areas that contribute to coming up with the answer:
- How much you truly need to pay your monthly bills and expenses
- How much money you need for expenses that come up every year but happen irregularly. This includes things like birthday gifts, auto repairs, doctor’s appointments, vacations and bills that come in quarterly or every six months. It also includes special purchases. This might be new furniture or a new car.
- How much you need to fulfill your dreams? This is things like the house of your dreams, money to start a new business, world travel.
- Make a list of all of the things you would need to buy to have your perfect life.
- Do some research to determine how much those things cost.
- Clarify how much you want to contribute to others if you do.
- Then tally up everything and see how much it would cost.
When I did these exercises, I was surprised to see that my dream life, my pie in the sky vision was actually very attainable. I was then able to start putting plans in place to increase my income and put money away to support my dreams.
What do you want to create in 2022?
” Treasure-maps “